Requesting a Booking
Please complete the form below to submit a request for any of the Museum’s Learning Services. School sessions are subject to staff availability. Please book early to avoid disappointment – at least half a term is recommended.
All booking requests are provisional until confirmed in writing by a member of our Learning Team.
£20 per box or free when you book a learning session
For more information about School Assemblies or Professional Development Opportunities please email email@example.com or call on 01494 957210. For more information about booking learning sessions click here.
Boxes can be loaned for 2 weeks. Boxes can be borrowed for free if the class also books a hands-on session with Wycombe Museum.
Boxes need returning before an agreed date. Failure to return the box in time may result in a ban from the service.
Guidelines for Caring for Museum Objects
We are aware that accidents can and do happen but there are a few things to remember that minimise this happening.
- Always assume the object is more fragile than it is.
- Remember that an object is at most risk when it is being moved or is on open display. Please do not leave the box contents on open display whilst unsupervised.
- Make sure objects are handled over a table, preferably with a cloth or another soft surface on the top.
- Objects are affected by their environment – beware of radiators, spotlights and liquids of any sort.
And if the worst happens:
- Please let us know as soon as possible if something has been damaged – we can arrange for repairs and if possible arrange a replacement item.
- Do not attempt to repair an item yourself – sometimes a poor repair increases the damage to the object.
- Please don’t let an accident put you off borrowing items in the future.
Cancellations and Rescheduling
The Museum Learning Services operate a 3 week cancellation period. Please let us know as soon as possible if you would like to cancel or reschedule your request. Failure to do so will lead to the Museum treating your booking as confirmed, and any subsequent cancellation will be treated as short notice and a fee may be incurred.