Bring the family for our ‘Chilterns Landscapes’ Art Exhibition Children’s Day with storytelling, scavenger hunt, art and face painting!This event is free. We’re
Bring the family for our ‘Chilterns Landscapes’ Art Exhibition Children’s Day with storytelling, scavenger hunt, art and face painting!
This event is free.
We’re delighted to be hosting a Children’s Day as part of our ‘Chilterns Landscapes’ Art Exhibition at Wycombe Museum.
Please book a timed entry slot so that your children can take part in storytelling, a scavenger hunt, an arts and crafts activity and have their face painted!
Event line up:
- Time slots on offer are: 11-12:30pm, 12:30-2pm, and 2-3:30pm
- Check in at the front desk on arrival (you may like to arrive 10 mins before your slot starts, to get settled)
- You will then be directed into the grounds of the museum (weather permitting) to watch an interactive storytelling session for the first 30 mins of your slot, which will bring items from the museum to life, led by Queen’s Park Arts Centre
- For the rest of your timed slot, you are invited to drop in to:
- an arts and crafts workshop, led by artist in residence Jane Peacock
- follow our scavenger hunt, looking for items around the museum & its wonderful grounds (visit the front desk to get started)
- visit our facepainter!
- visit our Chilterns Landscapes Art Exhibition in the Learning Room to be inspired by local artists from past, present and future, including works of art by local school children.
This event is aimed broadly at primary aged children but older and younger siblings are most welcome! Please ensure you select tickets for all children and adults (under 2’s don’t need a ticket).
Please note you are also free to visit the rest of the museum, Exhibition and café whenever you like during opening hours (11-3:30).
Some activities will take place outside, weather permitting, and also note that children may be using paint / glue etc so please dress as appropriate.
(Sunday) 11:00 am - 3:30 pm
Chalk, Cherries & ChairsChalk, Cherries and Chairs is an exciting Lottery-funded project inspiring people to learn something new, get involved and take action as Chilterns Champions.