Formerly a thriving local cottage industry and now an engaging hobby – come along to celebrate the fascinating craft of lacemaking with us at our Bobbin Lace Taster
Formerly a thriving local cottage industry and now an engaging hobby – come along to celebrate the fascinating craft of lacemaking with us at our Bobbin Lace Taster Day!
- Meet local lacemakers, watch bobbin lace being made
- Try your hand at lacemaking on a pillow with guidance from an experienced lacemaker
- Learn about the history and heritage of Bucks bobbin lace
- Enjoy our lace displays
- Listen to a talk on the history of lace and lacemaking (1-1.30pm)
- Tea, coffee, juice and biscuits are included in the price, but there is also an onsite café should you require lunch etc
Need to know:
- Book either the morning (10am – 12:30pm) or afternoon session (1:30-4pm)
- Upon arrival you will be invited to sign up to a 45 min slot during which you will be able to have a go at lacemaking.
- Tickets for children, teenagers and students are free. Children need to be 8 or over to have a go at lacemaking and those under 11 must be accompanied by an adult. Max two children per adult.
- There is limited parking at Wycombe Museum – please see this link for more info and nearby parking (spaces available only a short walk away!) www.wycombemuseum.org.uk/visit
Part of our Hidden Hands: Women and Work in the Chilterns exhibition events programme.
(Sunday) 11:00 am - 3:00 pm