My Home in the Chilterns Story Competition
by Chalk, Cherries & Chairs
Wycombe Museum is partnering with Chalk, Cherries and Chairs Project – an ambitious five-year scheme which aims to connect local people to the wildlife and cultural heritage of the Central Chilterns, overseen by the Chilterns Conservation Board.
This competition invites children aged 7 – 15 to create a story based on the theme of ‘My Home in the Chilterns’. Each entry should be up to 500 words. This story can be fiction or non-fiction, written or a spoken word recording.
Prizes for winning entries:
- Having their story published in a book
- A copy of the book with their story in
- Discover & Make tickets for the winner & their family
- A free Wycombe Museum schools session for the winning school
The story could focus on:
- The Chilterns as your home in the past, present or the future
- What does home mean to you, and how does (or doesn’t) the Chilterns fit into that?
- What is a home in the Chilterns like, or could be in an ideal world?
- What piece of the Chiltern’s would you take with you were you to find a new home?
Stories will be judged in four categories:
- Non-fictional story
- Fictional story
- Soundscape or spoken word story
- Poetry story
How to get involved:
If you would like your school or group to take part, request an information pack from Wycombe Museum.
Competition closes 31st March 2023
Wycombe Museum Galleries
Tues - Fri: 10am - 4pm
Sun: 10.30am - 4pm
Windsor Chair Cafe
Tues - Fri: Open 10am – 3pm
Sun: Open 10.30am – 3pm
Wycombe Museum Gardens
Tues - Fri: 10am - 5pm
Sun: 10.30am - 5pm