Become a Friend of Wycombe Museum
Make the most of your museum…
Wycombe Museum is a local history museum, with an internationally recognised chair collection managed by a registered charity. The museum was founded through the generosity of local people. In the 1870s a local lawyer, James Olliff Griffits raised the funds to found a public library in the town along with a small collection of artefacts. Since then the museum has grown beyond recognition. From its humble beginnings, the museum is now a great resource for the local community with a full and exciting programme of exhibitions, events and activities throughout the year, for families, schoolchildren and adults to enjoy. In December 2015 the museum re-opened at Castle Hill House after a period of major refurbishments, adding a café, shop and expanded gallery space. A year later the museum transferred management from Wycombe District Council to Wycombe Heritage & Arts Trust (WHAT). Now the Trust still needs the support of the local community to enable the museum to continue its work today. Please support the museum by joining as a friend and help us to continue to promote a love of heritage, culture and the arts to the local and wider community for years to come.
Did you know?
It costs £660 a day to keep the museum open.
Join us as a Friend of Wycombe Museum and you will have the opportunity to learn more about your local heritage and gain greater enjoyment from your museum. Whether you want to socialise with like-minded people who share a passion for heritage and arts, enjoy exclusive invites and discounts on events throughout the year, or simply sit back in the museum café and enjoy a free tea or coffee* – then becoming a Friend of Wycombe Museum will help you make the most of your museum.
*one free tea or coffee per month, per member
Our Friends and their generosity help support the museum carry out its work. By joining you will help us to continue to enhance and complete the museum through additional exhibitions, displays and activities.
You will help us to…
• Create new gallery activities
• Care for our collection
• Provide art materials and resources for our toddler and holiday sessions
• Help fund activities for school children
As well as knowing that your annual donation will make an enormous difference to the work of Wycombe Museum, you will enjoy a number of other benefits including:
• 1 FREE tea/coffee every month for single memberships (worth up to £29.40)
• 2 FREE teas/coffees every month for joint or family membership (worth up to £58.80)
• Invitations to attend exclusive events/ visits and private views
• Regular newsletters and emails – find out first what’s on at the museum
• Discounts on numerous events, throughout the year, including Wycombe Museum talks programme
• Discounts on purchases in the Museum café and shop
All for just £20 annual single membership or just £30 joint or family membership (2 adults and unlimited children).
Click here for payment info.
Other ways to help…
Why not adopt an object? In addition to being a Friend, you can help the museum to care for its unique collection by adopting one of our unique objects for a year – either for yourself, or as an unusual gift for any occasion. There are a number of objects to choose from!
You will get…
• All the benefits of a friends membership
• A coloured print of the object
• Certificate with an optional personal message
• Your name will appear on the object’s label
• Inclusion on the Friends Acknowledgement board in the Museum foyer
All for just £75
Packages are also available for Corporate Members.